Prizes and Advantages
The Mirjam Helin International Singing Competition awards prizes for the best four women and the best four men. In 2019 these prizes will total €173,000 and are as follows:
An honorary diploma will be awarded to all the finalists. Semifinalists will receive an award of €1,000 and a diploma.
A prize of €3,000 will also be awarded for the best performance by a non-Finnish singer of a Finnish song.
Several engagement prizes will be awarded to the prizewinners.The competition also collaborates with the Ondine record label.
The Competition offers a wide variety of extras, such as:
- The Finnish Broadcasting Company (Yle) is giving the Competition wide media coverage: streamed at yle.fi/klassinen, on radio and TV, and recorded at Yle Areena. All channels can be accessed worldwide both during and after the event.
- Impresarios and agents are present
- The Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra (FRSO) with Chief Conductor Hannu Lintu will be accompanying the Final
- Prizewinners’ concert in Oulu on 31 May 2019 with FRSO and Hannu Lintu.
- First-rate official pianists
- Feedback sessions with members of the Jury
- Master Classes & a Singers’ Studio
- Plenty of practice rooms for competitors’ use at the Sibelius Academy (next to the Helsinki Music Centre) throughout the competition
- Professional arrangements and friendly staff; the daily services of the Helin Team at the Music Centre
- Family accommodation
- Travel bursaries for competitors travelling from outside Europe
- Daily allowance, and lunch at the Music Centre
- Travel card for Helsinki public transport
- Leisure events
- Excellent competition venue Helsinki Music Centre in the heart of the city